What is Report Miner?
Report Miner is a unique utility program which reads Crystal Report files and:
- Creates professional-quality documentation files extracting and reporting all report details including:
- Report summary information (author, last modified date, etc.)
- Report selection formula.
- Tables and columns used,
- Formulas (both user formulas and conditional formulas,
- Groups and section details,
- Report objects (fields, headings, images, graphs, etc.)
- Provides analysis of the base report and all sub-reports
- Provides a visual layout of the report (scaled to fit on one page)
- Provides detailed analysis of differences between reports in both text and Word format
- Provides customized Word layout through parameters.
- Creates a database of report attributes which can be used for cross-report analysis.
Report Miner does allow you to modify the report files, only to read and report on the contents. You do not need a Crystal Reports developer edition in order to use Report Miner.
Report Miner Version 5 provides a new user interface and offers full support for Crystal Reports Version 2013 and all earlier versions.